[openbox] compiling openbox-2.1.2 on redhat-8.0

Alexander Volovics awol at home.nl
Fri Oct 11 07:14:37 EDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 12:36:51AM +0200, John Eckerdal wrote:

> Dang!
>
> I forgot something vitally importat!
>
> You will not get Xft support unless modify config.h after you execute
> configure.
>
> There is a line probably something like:
> /* #undef XFT */
>
> Change that one to:
> #define XFT 1
>
> This is a must since configure never finds Xft and will therefor remove
> support for it. Sorry, don't know why I forgot that one.

Dear John,

That did the trick!
I have a working openbox now with xft support.
The TT fonts appear nice enough.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

I have one last question. Openbox and epist compiled and work OK but
not bsetbg, bsetroot and xftlsfonts. Maybe I was not complete/correct
enough in adapting the Makefiles.
Do you get working binaries of these.

(There were still some statements about "undeclared" things like:
 "FcListFontsPatternObjects", "struct _FcPattern", "XftValueList",
 "FcTypecharset", "FcTypeTTFace", etc)

Alexander