[openbox] compiling openbox-2.1.2 on redhat-8.0

John Eckerdal john at hl.lu.se
Tue Oct 8 18:36:51 EDT 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Alexander Volovics wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 12:26:53AM +0200, John Eckerdal wrote:
>
> > No. Just
> > `xft-config --libs` to LDFLAGS
> > and
> > `xft-config --cflags` to CXXFLAGS
>
> > Note that this is not ''-pair but a ``-pair. These are back-quotes
> > and using them will cause the Makefile to run the application.
>
> OK, I started again from scratch today using openbox-2.1.1.
>
> 1) did ./configure
> 2) appended `xft-config --libs` and `xft-config --cflags` to the
>    Makefiles in /src and /util at LDFLAGS and CXXFLAGS (making
>    sure I used the correct ``-pair this time).
> 3) ran 'make' and 'make install'

Dang!

I forgot something vitally importat!

You will not get Xft support unless modify config.h after you execute
configure.

There is a line probably something like:
/* #undef XFT */

Change that one to:
#define XFT 1

This is a must since configure never finds Xft and will therefor remove
support for it. Sorry, don't know why I forgot that one.

--
John Eckerdal                        the Assembly Gems page
                               http://www.df.lth.se/~john_e