[openbox] Little problems

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Tue Nov 26 15:47:49 EST 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 03:28:15PM +0100, Fryderyk Dziarmagowski wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:16:34 -0600
> Ben Jansens <ben at orodu.net> wrote:
>
> > Im not sure what to say or do about this. I've run openoffice
> > applications on Openbox since it began. I've never seen anything the
> > likes of this. Are you certain your setup is the exact same when you
> > are running blackbox?
>
> After recompiling OpenBox with Xft2 everything goes fine.
>
> > I always hear "this worked fine in fluxbox/blackbox but now it isnt
> > working in openbox" and then they figure out what they screwed up with
> > that application. heh. Please check that it actually runs right in
> > blackbox with everything else the same..
>
> Sorry for that. That was stupid. I'm really impressed with Openbox and that
> was not a clue of my question to compare to other *boxes. By the way I think
> that flux sucks ;)
>
> Big Thanx for help and one more question: what shoud i to write in styles/*
> to make Xft2 fonts appearing in iso-8859-2 encoding? i quess that shoud be
> something with xft*flags and xft*font but this isn't working. Setting a
> iso-8859-2 font and variables like "lang" and "charset" gives no effects.
>
> cat /usr/X11R6/share/openbox/styles/purplehaaze | grep xft
> *xft.font:      Luxi Sans # it's a iso-*-2 font
> *xft.size:      9
> menu*xft.size:  11
> menu.title.xft.flags: bold
> *xft.flags:	lang=pl:charset=iso-8859-2 # only guess
>
> I hope that's not a next lame question. This time i have nothing to
> compare ;)

HMM.. I've never run into this yet :)
It won't work in flags, because Openbox parses that itself and only
looks for 'bold' 'italic' and 'shadow'.

I might have to add something somewhere for this.

> By the way, where can i find [openbox] archives?

I don't think icculus keeps archives. I'll ask the admin.

> greets

Ben
--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.