Yet Another Xft Howto

Ava Arachne Jarvis ajar at katanalynx.dyndns.org
Wed Dec 18 04:56:54 EST 2002

  http://katanalynx.dyndns.org/~ajar/desktop/xft.html

Refers a bit to the Xfce/Xft howto, although the setup mentioned there
isn't sufficient to get Openbox/Xft working.  Basically, you need to
make sure that a reliable fonts.dir/fonts.scale exists for your TrueType
font directory, and that the TrueType font directory is on the X font
path (either through editing the X configuration file, or via xset).

Debian's TrueType setup is a bit weird at the moment in unstable, which
is why I had problems.  But now I'm enjoying TrueType working, and the
Openbox developers no longer have to worry about some kind of weird bug
in their font rendering code.  :)