[openbox] 2.2.2 released

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Mon Dec 9 02:13:28 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 08:08:36AM +0100, Mads Martin Joergensen wrote:
> On Dec 08, 2002, Ben Jansens wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Thought I'd let you all know that 2.2.2 is out. The big change in
> > 2.2.2 is some new checks in configure for Xft versions.
> >
> > I'd really appreciate that everyone try 2.2.2 and make sure it builds
> > with xft support for them. :)
>
> Yep, builds fine here.
>
> I was wondering; since openbox shares the code with blackbox wrt. bsetbg
> and bsetroot, I was wondering how you guys would feel about renaming it
> to obsetbg and obsetroot?
>
> It's a PITA with rpm when these files conflicts, and I wanted to add
> openbox to the SuSE Linux distribution.
>
> I've made the diff to do this rename, only additional thing to change
> is to rename bsetroot.{cc,hh} to obsetroot{cc,hh} and bsetbg to obsetbg,
> plus a change in obsetroot.cc so it includes obsetroot.hh instead of
> bsetroot.hh (no need to blow the diff with these renames)

It can of course be done, freebsd does this. But then no styles work
anymore unless you have blackbox installed to. Making the installation
of the utilities at all rather pointless...

Gentoo solved this with commonbox-utils (and commonbox-styles)
packages that are prereq's for openbox blackbox and fluxbox, thus
removing all conflicts. I think this is a much better way to go.

Ben
--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.