[openbox] Chubby buttons patch

Scott Moynes smoynes at nexus.carleton.ca
Fri Aug 23 14:23:41 EDT 2002

* Ben Jansens (ben at orodu.net) wrote:
> I committed your changes to GCCache pretty much verbatim. The
> Window.cc stuff was simple, just changing line widths to 2. I
> committed that part by accident, but now that its in, lets see if
> people go nuts and complain, or cheer, i guess :>

Some of the changes to to GCCache aren't correct. The default line
width should be 0. The X server interprets this as "You want zero?
Sorry you get one!" except the drawing algorithm is allowed to be
faster. The specs specify a few contraints on how to draw line_widths
of 1 or more (called wide lines), but allow the server to use any
hardware acceleration it likes for line_widths of 0 (thin lines).

Also, the size of the button depends on the themes/fonts/machine a
lot. Here's a screenshot from my workstation at work.

http://nexus.carleton.ca/~smoynes/buttons6.png

Most of the shipped styles have very similar titlebar heights so that
doesn't help when comparing.

After seeing an onslaught of decorations floating around, I think we
could add a config menu for them for the next testing release.

Anyway, I'm away for the weekend so try not to port openbox to tcl
over the weekend.

--
Scott Moynes
"Computer science is as much about computers