[obdgpslogger] New to list

Allan Macdonald allan.w.macdonald at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 12:07:34 EDT 2018

Hello list,

I am new to this list so please bear with me if I ask a stupid question!

My initial goal is to use obdsim under Ubuntu on my laptop to act as a
fake ELM327 that can communicate via bluetooth with an android phone
running Torque Lite, just as a fun exercise to see what that program is
doing.

After a painful effort getting all my dependencies sorted out, I am now
successfully able to build and install obdgpslogger. However, when I try
to run the program: obdsim -b, I see the following message: "SimPort
name: Not yet connected".  I have paired my computer's bluetooth with
the android device and selected my computer in Torque Lite but Torque
Lite is not able to find the adaptor.

I don't understand very much about any of this yet so this is probably
the first of many stupid questions I will be asking as I begin to
explore this stuff.  Any idea what I might be doing wrong here?  Are
there any tips that can help me get started?  I have tried googling but
have not been able to find a working solution so far.  Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Allan