[obdgpslogger] Question of Connecting obdsim with Android Phone via bluetooth

Xiping love.ambienttalk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 11:01:41 EST 2012

I have done the following steps:

1 Unpair the connection between my phone and the laptop.
2 type the commands:
  sudo rfcomm bind 0 00:1F:E2:E6:B1:44 1
  sudo sdptool add SP
  In this step, I have checked the buletooth device in my laptop using the
command: hcptool dev. There is only one device in my laptop.
3 pair my phone with my laptop.
4 run the command: obdsim -b --logfile=log.txt in my laptop.
5 run the program Torque Lite, then the program pop up a window tell it use
the paired bluetooth with my laptop, I confirmed.
6 On my laptop, there is a window pop up with the following information:
   Device 'Nexus S' (38:EC:E4:D2:EA:45) wants access to the service
'00001103-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB'.
   I have confirmed. the access.
   However, in the laptop, still the following information
SimPort name: *Not yet connected*
Successfully initialised obdsim, entering main loop
10.000314 seconds. 0 samples, 0 queries. 0.00 s/s, 0.00 q/s
10.000864 seconds. 0 samples, 0 queries. 0.00 s/s, 0.00 q/s
10.000718 seconds. 0 samples, 0 queries. 0.00 s/s, 0.00 q/s
10.000753 seconds. 0 samples, 0 queries. 0.00 s/s, 0.00 q/s

While the torque lite program says: OBD device not found, retrying...

I have checked the logfile log.txt, nothing there.
Any idea about how to fix this? Thanks very much.