[obdgpslogger] About Compiling OBDSim

Xiping love.ambienttalk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 13:07:12 EST 2012

Hi,

    I am trying to install OBDSim, which is a part of the OBDGPSLogger.
During the installation process, the following error occurs:

/home/xiping/obdgpslogger-0.16/src/logger/gpscomm.c: In function ‘opengps’:
/home/xiping/obdgpslogger-0.16/src/logger/gpscomm.c:29:9: error: too few
arguments to function ‘gps_open’
/usr/include/gps.h:1717:12: note: declared here
make[2]: *** [src/logger/CMakeFiles/obdgpslogger.dir/gpscomm.c.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/logger/CMakeFiles/obdgpslogger.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

   I can see that the reason is the gpsd lib in my system is not
compatiable with the obdgpslogger source code anymore. However, is there
any way to fix the source code in order to make the OBDSim to work? By the
way, in order to make OBDSim to work, is there any additonal device needed?
Thanks.

   Best Regards

                Xiping.