[obdgpslogger] How to read the date time field in the obd databases

Gary Briggs chunky at icculus.org
Sun Jan 2 19:04:30 EST 2011

On Sat, Jan 01, 2011 at 05:53:12PM -0500, Robert Konigsberg wrote:
> Gary always said it was dead simple, I just didn't believe him. I do now.
>
> In python: datetime.datetime.fromtimestamp(value).
>
> In sqlite: datetime(timestamp, 'unixepoch', 'localtime')
>
> e.g. select start, datetime(start, 'unixepoch', 'localtime') from trip;
>
> Gah. Gary care to update some document somewhere? As a favor? Pleeeease?

Hrm. I'd need some documents in order to do that :-)

You raise a fine point though. I oughta look at documenting some of the
internals or something - so far my documentation has been limited to a
bunch of individual howtos for specific things [eg, obdsim on windows or
how to use udev to automatically launch everything]

Gary (-;