[obdgpslogger] obdsim on windows (was Need urgent help)

Charles Galpin cgalpin at lhsw.com
Wed Nov 17 08:17:27 EST 2010

I have not tried to compile this on windows, but looking at obdsim.cc it is a windows only option.  You can see in CMakeLists.txt that this is defined when you run cmake

# For now, assume the choices are "windows" or "posix"
IF("${CMAKE_SYSTEM}" MATCHES "Windows")
       ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DOBDPLATFORM_WINDOWS)
ELSE("${CMAKE_SYSTEM}" MATCHES "Windows")
       ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DOBDPLATFORM_POSIX)
ENDIF("${CMAKE_SYSTEM}" MATCHES "Windows")

http://svn.icculus.org/obdgpslogger/trunk/src/sim/obdsim.cc?revision=538&view=markup
http://svn.icculus.org/obdgpslogger/trunk/src/sim/CMakeLists.txt?revision=525&view=markup

So it sounds like under cygwin it's considered posix so you need to use -t /dev/ttyS0.  Or build outside of cygwin maybe?

But is -t /dev/ttyS[01234..] not working? If not, I guess you'll have to wait for Gary to have time to respond.

hth
charles