[obdgpslogger] Need urgent help

Gary Briggs chunky at icculus.org
Tue Nov 16 14:08:45 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 06:16:18PM +0530, Priyanka Shah wrote:

> When i compile on windows using cygwin it gets successfully build but while running it shows com port as dev/tty0
> but for windows i should get CNCA0....where i need to do changes..??
> one more : can i do below???????????
> I am trying to simulate car's vehicle data on obdsim.Can i send these data from one PC to other PC over RS 232??
> Please help. Instead of virtual com port i use other PC's come port to cummunicate over obdsim running ove one PC.

If you build on cygwin, you should find that using "/dev/ttyS0" maps to
COM1, "/dev/ttyS1" maps to COM2, etc. Be sure to pass it with the "-t"
option for it to do the right hting.

Using MSYS, you should just be able to use -w COM1, etc, directly.

Apologies for not getting back faster, I've been very tied up with work
and haven't had any time recently for doing side projects like this one

Thanks,
Gary (-;