[obdgpslogger] Enable/Disable features

Peter Buelow goballstate at gmail.com
Tue May 18 07:25:41 EDT 2010

On 5/17/2010 10:30 PM, Gary Briggs wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 09:05:46PM -0500, Peter Buelow wrote:
>
>> Sorry, very new to cmake, so I'm just getting up to speed. How would I
>> disable inclusion of gpsd using cmake? Specifically similar to using
>> configure --disable or something? Or, alternatively, how do I force it
>> to use the old gpsd interface (which is available in the code I see)? OE
>> doesn't have the newest gpsd yet, and my build is failing for OE because
>> it's trying to use the latest gpsd (which I think it's getting from my
>> fedora system) which means gps_query isn't defined by the cross compile
>> system. Any ideas? Thanks
>>
> My immediate inclination is to suggest checking your cross compile
> environment, ensure that it's looking only in your fakeroot, and not just
> your wider environment.
>
> I've just added a flag to the cmake module in svn, GPSD_FORCE_V2, that
> forces it to assume the v2 api. You'd use it thus:
> cmake -DGPSD_FORCE_V2=On ..
>
> Alternatively, if you open a cmake GUI, you'll find an option in there
> to disable gpsd support altogether.
>

> How are you actually cross-compiling? Normally I lean towards
> scratchbox2 nowadays, but you may find that cmake toolchain files work
> for you more easily. There's a tutorial here:
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling
> And there's an example that works for the sheevaplug in the svn checkout
> of obdgpslogger, the online flavor being here:
> http://svn.icculus.org/obdgpslogger/trunk/cmakemodules/Toolchain-sheeva.cmake?revision=194&view=markup
>
> If you write an OE toolchain file, I'll gladly throw it into the
> obdgpslogger svn [or, for that matter, if you have any other patches,
> I'm always happy to look]
>
> Thanks,
> Gary (-;

  Thanks. However, OE does all the cross work for me (ie, no using
alternate methods, and I'm not sure how OE does it internally, but it
does have cmake specific rules). I didn't have time to look at the
details of the build error last night, or investigate why exactly it was
failing. My quick look showed what's above. Looking more in detail, I'm
sure there's a good answer, but I don't have time to look until
tomorrow. As I get further, I'll include the recipe for bitbake. My goal
is to get this working with released versions. Seems like that should be
simpler in the long run.