[obdgpslogger] Switching to Windows/Cygwin, can't get OBD data

Gary Briggs chunky at icculus.org
Sat Jul 17 17:36:07 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 05:26:25PM -0400, Robert Konigsberg wrote:
> > Heh. It's unlikely to be the drivers, but possible; which device do you
> > have?
>
> I don't know -- see -- my first step was to basically just use the ones
> found by Windows Update, which meant a basic USB device + USB->Serial
> device.

Hrm. Win7 did the right thing for me, but I remember having these exact
teething issues on Vista and XP. At this point I'll just elect to shut
my eyes and sing "la la la la".

> > Usually they're a basic a FTDI device...
>
> The one you recommend for all your development: ODBPro USB, I think.

Ah, ok. That was my first USB OBDII device, and yes I explicitly test
and do some of my development on that [I also have an OBDLink, which has
also been treating me very well]

Gary (-;