[obdgpslogger] Changing default columns doesn't change OBDSIM

Robert Konigsberg konigsberg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 16:22:00 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Gary Briggs <chunky at icculus.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:26:50AM -0400, Robert Konigsberg wrote:
> > Arghghgh, I suspect there's more to this than just changing the default
> set
> > of columns -- the sqlite database doesn't add the columns, does it? Plus
> > there's this config file parsing, which I can't quite tell how it
> > participates in all of this. Your thoughts?
>
> Actually, the columns are added to the database if they didn't
> previously exist. Of all the problems you're likely to run into, I hope
> that's not one of them.

I hoped that would be the case, but by starting the simulator with a fresh
db, and updating the default list of colums, I did not get that data.

BTW I have updated the GUI, and I'm sure I updated it appropriately, to show
more columns. I just need to get that data from somewhere, and now that
somewhere is probably just my car. I'll have to test it later tonight.

I think I mentioned it in my other email [before I saw this one], but
> it's mostly what ESR describes in TAOUP
> http://www.faqs.org/docs/artu/ch10s02.html
> With an extra "compiled in defaults" right at the top. As for the config
> files, they're listed in detail in the dot-obdgpslogger manpage [which
> is admittedly a nonintuitive name, I borrowed that idea from DJB].
> Online rendering here:
> http://icculus.org/obdgpslogger/manpages/render/dot-obdgpslogger.txt

Thanks.

> Gary (-;
>
> > On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Robert Konigsberg <
> konigsberg at gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> > > Hey there,
> > >
> > > I've changed the default column list in CMakeFile.txt. I've also added
> UI
> > > elements and API in the GUI and loggerhandler. Does the simulator only
> > > simulate certain columns? Sorry, this is the "I'm Lazy" question.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Robert Konigsberg
> > > konigsberg at gmail.com
> > >

> > --