[obdgpslogger] dupes in list of service commands

Gary Briggs chunky at icculus.org
Wed Jul 14 14:54:51 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:01:03AM -0400, Robert Konigsberg wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Gary Briggs <chunky at icculus.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 09:29:50AM -0400, Robert Konigsberg wrote:
> > > Hey there,
> > >
> > > I'm scanning obdservicecommands.h, because I think that's the set of
> > > possible values I can feed to --log_columns.
> > >
> > > What I notice is that you have two entries in obdservicecommands.h for
> > > "frp", one for Fuel Rail Pressure (gauge) and one for "Fuel Rail Pressure
> > > relative to manifold vacuum." Bug?
> >
> > Good catch. The problem is that the spec says that all three of the fuel
> > rail pressures you found should be exposed to the user as "FRP". I
> > suffixed an extra letter on 0x23 to avoid the collision and thus make
> > them uniquely identifiable, but forgot about the other frp.
> >
> > So... I've suffixed an extra letter on 0x22 ["m" for "manifold"], which
> > should resolve that. Thanks!
> >

> OK, I'll duplicate it here.

Or just svn update :-)

> BTW, manipulating the GUI is ... well, I"m making progress.

Yeah. I'm not proud of it, I just needed "some kind of GUI or something
just so you can see it doing, you know, *something*". If you write
something better I'll gladly take a gander.

> However, I <love> the raw output.

Yeah, that was an explicit goal. Do be warned that, as the manpage
discusses raw output:

NOT OPTIONS
       These options are not intended to be used by end users using the command line, they
       are support options for the GUI component. Use or rely on them at your own peril.

       -t|--spam-stdout
              Write  all readings to stdout. The format is unlikely to change in practice,
              but if you choose to try to parse this yourself, I don't want to hear  about
              it when it does change.

As you can imagine, of course, this is vanishingly unlikely to
*actually* ever change, but I didn't want to fully commit to other
people being able to this in case I ever alter it to be some kind of
richer format. In all likelihood, if I added a new format, it'd be a
separate option.

Gary (-;