[obdgpslogger] Experience with default buld on OSX

Robert Konigsberg konigsberg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 07:04:04 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I've sent some of this information privately to Gary, but have made progress
since then, and also, want to use the mailing list.

Short version:
* odbgpslogger has a source 0.15 version.
* Gary has built a 0.11 OSX version, but it's hard-coded such that it
doesn't work unless your username is chunky?
* I'm building locally but stuck part-way.

Long version:

When trying to use the OSX download (0.11) I get mysterious errors, e.g.
"The Application obdgpslogger quit unexpectedly."

Running this on the command-line I get

> $ ./obdgpslogger -?
> dyld: Library not loaded: /Users/chunky/gpsd//lib/libgps.18.dylib
>   Referenced from: /Applications/OBD GPS
Logger.app/Contents/Resources/bin/./obdgpslogger
>   Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap

See the reference to /Users/chunky..?

OK, so some trial and error and I'm mostly there with the source.

To get this to build on my Mac, I downloaded CMake (from cmake.org, not from
fink, because fink's version of cmake is too old.)

That's starting to work, but of course I'd like the gui, but it isn't
building obdgui.

Clues from cmake output help:

> -- Couldn't find fluid: required for building GUI
> -- Couldn't find fltk: required for building GUI
> -- Couldn't find fftw3: required for building obdfft

I don't think I need fftw3 or obdfft. What is obdfft?

Also, I can find fltk, but I can't find fluid. Tips?

--
Robert Konigsberg
konigsberg at gmail.com