[mojosetup] Fix gtk2 detection in cmake

Steffen Pankratz kratz00 at gmx.de
Wed Oct 28 14:41:21 EDT 2015

On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 07:41:54 +0100
djcj <djcj at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi djcj

> Those two links are the same. This is the version 2 patch, right?
> https://bitbucket.org/kratz00/mojosetup/commits/47432a21c8199fe2fb34e85c52c61e0a736722c4

Sorry, my bad, you are right.

Version 1:
https://bitbucket.org/kratz00/mojosetup/commits/3768f42682f794e842d5dd33d58d6e6453620555

Version 2:
https://bitbucket.org/kratz00/mojosetup/commits/47432a21c8199fe2fb34e85c52c61e0a736722c4

> I guess in case of gtk2 linking only against libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 might
> be okay, but afaik on ELF systems like Linux all the used symbols should
> normally be resolved by the libraries listed in the DT_NEEDED section of
> the header.

I principally agree.
But I also think this was done on purpose in the first place,
so I mimicked this behavior in version 2 of my patch.
For the purpose of distributing a MojoSetup installer,
I still think minimizing GTK2 library dependencies at link time
is the best way to build a more portable MojoSetup binary.

> After taking a look at your patches I reworked mine (I have more
> experience with autoconf than cmake).

Where can I find them?

> By the way I think gtk2 should be set to COMPONENTS instead of REQUIRED,
> right?

I think you are right, 'REQUIRED' is to strict for the way it is supposed to work here.
I will rework my patches.

> Anyway, I think the includes directory thing should at least be fixed,
> because that's what currently prevents me from building the gtk module
> unless I manually add the include directories to the CFLAGS.

I had the exact some problem, that is why I came up with the patches in the first place.

Regards
-Steffen

--
Hermes powered by Manjaro Linux (Linux 4.2.4)

Best regards, Steffen Pankratz.