[mojosetup] Upgrade problems with MojoSetup

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Thu Dec 16 11:14:21 EST 2010

Le 15/12/2010 17:40, Francois Gouget a écrit :
[...]
> * Correctly remove directories on uninstall after an upgrade, which
> means not losing track of them in the manifest on upgrades.
> * Remove obsolete files on upgrade; that is files installed by the
> previous version which are not present in the new one.

I attached a pair of patches that solve these two issues.
  * mojo-1-upgrade-obsolete.diff
    Delete obsolete files and directories on upgrade.

    We try to be careful when loading the old Lua manifest so that a
    corrupted file does not crash the installer and does not clobber our
    state information.

  * mojo-2-upgrade-dirs.diff
    Don't forget directories created by older versions on upgrade.

    Otherwise they won't be deleted on uninstall which will result in an
    unclean uninstallation.

The first patch also contains the code for reading the old manifest file
so it's needed by the second one.
Let me know if the approach seems sound to you.

--
François Gouget
fgouget at codeweavers.com