[mojosetup] Solaris and product keys...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Sat Apr 25 16:41:29 EDT 2009

Two things worth noting this week:

- MojoSetup now supports Solaris. If you're on Solaris 10, you can use
the stdio UI, but if you're on OpenSolaris (or what will eventually
become a formal Solaris 11), you get a full GTK+ UI with all the bells
and whistles. Building with Sun Studio and GCC are both supported.

- CD keys! You can now have the installer prompt the user for product
keys and it will write them out to files (or, when I get around to the
Windows port, the Registry). Multiple keys can be entered, they can be
per-installer or per-option, and they can be verified by both a simple
formatting string ("does the key match 'XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX'?") or by an
installer-supplied Lua or C function ("is the key both well-formed, and
actually a legitimate key, too?")

Documentation on what you need to add to your config.lua is here:

http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/mojosetup/diff/bf2239c29c6c/docs.txt

This is all very new code, so there are probably bugs and limitations.
Comments and bug reports are welcome. If something doesn't meet your
needs, please say so.

Also, this work brings a few new strings that need translating:

http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/mojosetup/diff/bf2239c29c6c/scripts/localization.lua

Please feel free to email me off-list with translations, or hop over to
launchpad.net to fill them in yourselves:

https://translations.launchpad.net/mojosetup/

Thanks!

--ryan.