[mohaa] Memory allocation, usage for mohaa_lnxded question

Joe Ramzeez mohaafan3000 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 21:37:53 EST 2015

Hi,

I have a VDS server running the Ubuntu 15.04 server OS.  I have a 32 player
MOHAA game server running on the VDS server.  I have a total of 1024MB
available to use.  When I ran the server with no players inside it, the
mohaa_lnxded process used 11% of the total RAM.  I only have 1 mod pk3 file
in the "MOHAA/main" folder.  When the game server is running I have about
711MB of free RAM.  I am concerned that when the server is very busy like
when there are more than 15 to 20 players in there, the memory usage would
be very high and it would cause a great deal of lag for the players. Do I
have enough RAM to handle 32 players?

What are the com_hunkMegs and com_zoneMegs properties that can be set at
the command line when launching mohaa_lnxded like this:

./moh_lnxded +set com_hunkMegs <value> +set com_zoneMegs <value>

What are the recommended values for these properites for my server
setup with 1,024MB of total RAM.

Thank you for your help in advance.