[mohaa] Very quiet here for a long time now

Mohaa Admin (vandrosthagen.net) mohaa at vandrosthagen.net
Wed Mar 2 13:57:25 EST 2005

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Nice going...;-)

Regards
Quint
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jordan" <jordan at bxds.com>
To: <mohaa at icculus.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:10 AM
Subject: RE: [mohaa] Very quiet here for a long time now

All I can say is that I REALLY hope someone at EA reads this stuff and goes
on a serious clue-hunt. Even if/when Ryan gets the thing finished, it's so
past time to do anything. The thrill is gone, babe.

For the record, EA, next time you build-up massive public expectations for a
multiplayer game prior to its release, take the freakin' time to build-out
the dedicated Linux server, and fix ALL major bugs, BEFORE you release the
damn game.

Here's a little laugh-maker >> Compile and run:

// How fun is Pacific Assault Multiplayer?
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main() {
    int money_spent, hours_debugging, time_spent, ea_weeks, difference,
total_value;
double sum;

    cout << "\nHow fun is Pacific Assault Multiplayer?\n\n";
    cout << "Enter what you paid for the game:\n" << "$";
    cin >> money_spent;
    cout << "Enter how many weeks you've spent waiting for the Linux server
since Nov. 1st:\n";
    cin >> time_spent;
    cout << "Enter how many hours you spent finding & reporting bugs:\n";
    cin >> hours_debugging;
    cout << "Enter how many additional estimated weeks EA would have needed
to debug the game correctly (include time for the Linux Server):\n";
    cin >> ea_weeks;

    sum = (time_spent * 7. + hours_debugging + ea_weeks * 7.) / 3.5;
    difference = hours_debugging * 26;
    total_value = time_spent * money_spent;

    cout <<
"\n\n-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-------\n";
    cout << "\n\nYour data values are:\n\n";
    cout << "[ $" << money_spent << ".00 ] is what you paid for your
game...it was expensive, but hey, it was the new hit game.\n";
    cout << "($35.00 per copy would have still netted EA a pretty penny, but
it was worth the extra $ cuz they bragged about how much special attention
they'd given to the online experience.)\n\n";
    cout << "[ " << time_spent << " ] is how many weeks you've spent waiting
for the Linux server.\n";
    cout << "(-You're willing to wait patiently, because you understand that
they WANTED this game to appeal to online gamers. Who cares about the server
admins, right? Who needs 'em anyway!)\n\n";
    cout << "[ " << hours_debugging << " ] is how many hours you spent
trying to get the damn game to run right (i.e. CPU hog, UI glitches,
patch-1, PB bugs, etc.)\n";
    cout << "(-This is normal for games, all software has bugs, and you're
willing to overlook a certain amount of em.)\n\n";
    cout << "[ " << ea_weeks << " ] is how many additional weeks you
guestimate EA should have spent to get the game right before releasing it to
the public.\n";
    cout << "(-This is probably unfair, since we know Ryan IS the only human
on the planet who knows how to port games to Linux and would thus would have
to be doing the work (not).)\n (We also know he would be working just as
fast if they had hired him to do the work before or after the game was
released (not).)\n (The thing I find incredible is that a large company like
EA hasn't hired or trained a small team of people to do this.)\n\n\n";
    cout <<
"---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---\n\n\n";
    cout << "Computed values are:\n\n";
    cout << "Amount of your time wasted doing things EA engineers should
have done in the first place = " << sum << " hours\n\n";
    cout << "Money thrown down the crapper = " << "$" << money_spent <<
".00\n\n";
    cout << "The amount of fun you could have had, if EA hadn't had their
heads up their butts (shown in fun units) = " << difference << " units\n\n";
    cout << "Game's Actual Value (shown in fun units) = " << "-" <<
total_value << " units\n\n\n";
    cout <<
"---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---\n";
    cout << "\n\n\nConclusion: Go find a different multiplayer game that
isn't an administration nightmare, doesn't make you feel like you've wasted
your money and doesn't make you resent the company that built it.\n\n\n\n";
    cout <<
---\n";

    return 0;
}

hahahahaha! (I have too much spare time!)

JMTC,

][][