[mohaa] Server "hangs"

Josh Berry games at chickenmonkey.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 13:54:51 EDT 2004

Do you have the ability to get on the box and run the "top" command? If
so then just sit there monitoring top until you see the problem and look
for any other processes that are suddenly eating the CPU.

You can get this problem from load of things, php going crazy would be
one, a or punkbuster updating on the server (for other games) if not
configured correctly.

TBH, without knowing what the other virtual server are doing you are
going to have a hard job of working out what the problem is. One thing
you could do is test in the wee hours of the morning when less people
are likely to be using it and see if the problem is any better - will at
least tell you whether it is related to other processes.

josh