[mohaa] Server "hangs"

Chris Adams chris at fragzzhost.com
Tue Jun 29 11:10:46 EDT 2004

Which operating system? Under Linux on a box which is actively modifying its
RAM, and the RAM is pretty full, these hangups can occur when Linux tried to
cache / uncache files into RAM, which on certain system configurations uses
a lot of CPU, thus hanging the game. OS is important though. Also, if your
network is pretty busy and shared, it could easily be some kind of choke
with the network connection (some box downloading/uploading a lot of data
along the backbone at ridiculous speeds.

Chris