[mohaa] MOHAA linux server with potential exploit fix

The Guvnor guvnor at evildictators.com
Wed Jul 28 08:17:09 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I can confirm that I got this working under a 64bit linux distro. Just
needed an export statement in the startup command line. So far so good
might I add, uses about 4% less cpu under busy gameserver conditions and
the server feels noticeably better performance wise.

I will post more feedback as soon as received.

Roll on the spearhead update! :)

Kim.

Another MOHAA build...

   http://icculus.org/betas/mohaa/mohaa-lnxded-07252004.tar.bz2

This one has:
- The buffer overflow fix Luigi pointed out.
- The grenade animation crash fix.
- The UBoat spawn fix.

The first one still needs fixing in Spearhead, the other two are fixes
backported from Spearhead, as thus only the original MOHAA was
vulnerable.

Luigi and I are still deciding if the buffer overflow fix covers all
possible exploits, so there might be one more build. And, of course, a
Spearhead update is still forthcoming.

--ryan.