[mohaa] Server restart script

Andrew (KARZAC) Furbey andrewfurbey at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 10:02:24 EDT 2004

Ok that woks :D thanks

but the kill scripts doesnt :(

My Script is
serverkill.sh:

#Put here path to config file
 /root/serverconfig.sh
#Searches for pid of server
ps auxwww | grep $PROG | grep $PORT | grep $CONFIG | grep -v grep | gawk
'{print $2}' | xargs kill
#Checks kill exit status
if [ 0 != $? ]
then
     echo "Server Down"
else
     echo "Server Killed"
fi

When i run the cmd ./serverkill.sh

i get this output

Usage: gawk [POSIX or GNU style options] -f progfile [--] file ...
Usage: gawk [POSIX or GNU style options] [--] 'program' file ...
POSIX options:          GNU long options:
        -f progfile             --file=progfile
        -F fs                   --field-separator=fs
        -v var=val              --assign=var=val
        -m[fr] val
        -W compat               --compat
        -W copyleft             --copyleft
        -W copyright            --copyright
        -W dump-variables[=file]        --dump-variables[=file]
        -W gen-po               --gen-po
        -W help                 --help
        -W lint[=fatal]         --lint[=fatal]
        -W lint-old             --lint-old
        -W non-decimal-data     --non-decimal-data
        -W profile[=file]       --profile[=file]
        -W posix                --posix
        -W re-interval          --re-interval
        -W source=program-text  --source=program-text
        -W traditional          --traditional
        -W usage                --usage
        -W version              --version

To report bugs, see node `Bugs' in `gawk.info', which is
section `Reporting Problems and Bugs' in the printed version.

gawk is a pattern scanning and processing language.
By default it reads standard input and writes standard output.

Examples:
        gawk '{ sum += $1 }; END { print sum }' file
        gawk -F: '{ print $1 }' /etc/passwd
/serverkill.sh: line 5: {print $2}: command not found
usage: kill [ -s signal | -p ] [ -a ] pid ...
       kill -l [ signal ]
Server Down

Any Ideas?