[mohaa] mohaa process freezes

Luca Fabbro luca.fabbro at procne.it
Tue Aug 17 09:22:20 EDT 2004

This happens sometimes also to me. It usually happens after the server is
up for several days and a lot of players used it. There isn't a particular
rule to determine when it happens.
What happens sems to be a kind of software loop, (this also happens
sometimes for me using ID engine based games), in fact the server will take
all the ammount of free CPU and it will be set at lower priority. The only
way is killing it from bash. I've tested different CPU's and machines and
it always happens (it happens just sometimes).
What i can suggest is to create a script that will check (for example) the
status of the server using qstat and kills it when it's down for certain
time or simply restart it using cron at certain hours/days of week.

Luca