[mohaa] Breakthrough

Steven Hartland killing at barrysworld.com
Wed Sep 17 12:57:13 EDT 2003

From: "Troy Chinnery" <t_chinnery at iprimus.com.au>
>  From http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/finger/finger.pl?user=icculus
> ------------------
> MOHAA:
>   Talked with EA today about Breakthrough, hoping source will be coming my
>   way shortly, once all the NDA stuff is cleaned up.
> ==================
>
> Does that mean a Breakthrough server coming our way far (or not?) into the
> future? Or, just that they want the client you're porting to support Breakthrough?

Ooo sounds good. I tried to raise it with EA tech support but just got told
that dedicated servers weren't supported.  Its a multiplayer addon if you
don't have any servers how do you expect to sell the game :P

Anyway here's hoping ryan works his magic like always :)
One thing to keep an eye out for ryan 'when' :D you do the server
is there is something really stuffed with either Liberation mode in
general or the map lib/mp_anzio_lib as it uses over double the CPU
( 70% for 24 players of 2.4Ghz) as obj/mp_palermo_obj. Guess
playing client side effects on the server?

    Steve / K