[mohaa] Tweaking tips

Eric Koldeweij eric at no-sense.net
Mon Mar 17 06:03:47 EST 2003

Get yourself a new computer. PII-266 with 192Mb onboard is WAY too low
to run a Spearhead server.
I have a Celeron-1700 with 1Gb onboard and with a full server it's
eating away 80% of my CPU time (the other 20% is taken by the "old"
MOHAA server) and at the moment it's consuming 240Mb of memory.
The memory alone will make the box spend more time swapping than serving.

sv_maxrate 3100 is indeed quite low but with an ADSL line you have
little choice (if you want to serve 16 clients). It is not the reason
for the lag though.

Eric.