[mohaa] gamespy nightmare!

Salsich, Luke LJS at protectorgroup.com
Thu Jun 19 12:59:02 EDT 2003

ok. I ran tcpdump on the major ports related to mohaa and Spearhead and
believe I have at least identified the problem. The Gamespy 'heartbeat'
port (which is responsible for listing the server) is 27900. On the
server that wont show in Gamespy there is no tcp activity on port 27900.
On an identical game server I run that DOES show up in Gamespy there is
periodic (every minute or so) activity on tcp port 27900 - which is
exactly what I would expect from the heartbeat port.

So.....I think this Gamespy heartbeat is initiated from my server with
the cvar 'set sv_gamespy 1', right? Well, its definitely in the .cfg
file. Any thoughts?

Luke