[mohaa] Wierd responses in console

Josh Berry josh at chickenmonkey.co.uk
Fri Jun 6 12:14:48 EDT 2003

Hi there,

> SV packet 194.236.2.27:2765 : getstatus

This is the masterservers for stuff like gamespy and ASE checking the
status of your server. Definitely nothing to worry about.

> LOCALIZATION ERROR: 'wittle' does not have a localization entry

This means that in the file localization.txt in your global directory
(which contains a list of stuff that happens in the game and what it
displays, so for example you have:

{ "in the head" "in the head" }

as an entry. You get the errors when what people are saying is output
into the log/console. So for the example above you would have to add:

{ "wittle" "wittle" }

into the file. Since you can hardly expect EA to add an entry for every
possible thing that someone might say by default your best bet is to
ignore them... all they do is make you logfile slightly larger if you
are have it logging to a file. I get these all the time and it isn't a
problem.

--
Josh
http://www.chickenmonkey.co.uk