[mohaa] Server specs

Steven Hartland killing at barrysworld.com
Wed Jul 23 16:31:07 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
>From: "Sander de Hond" <sanderdehond at home.nl>
> Well i think you are wrong here, I have been doing some research at some
> Dutch game server providers and I spoken to one about their servers.
> He runs 7 servers on a AMD XP 2200 with 1024, so that shouldn't be a
> problem.

Well I can only speak from experience we run clanservers here in the uk
and a large portion of those are MOHAA. Our boxes are Dual Xeon 2.4's
with 2Gb and over 12 servers we start seeing issues.

>I found another company that can offer me this :
>- PIV 2.4Ghz, 533Mhz bus
>- Supermicro 1U Full rack
>- Asus p4s533-mx
>- Apacer 1024 MB PC2100
>- Maxtor 40GB, 2MB Cache
>- Fan & Heatsink 1U
>- Assemblage & testen
>
>With 100GB datatraffic I would pay € 160,00 per month.

Thats price isnt too bad we do:
Dedicated Server:
P4 2.53 GHz, 1024 MB RAM, 30GB IDE HD
100 GB bandwidth per month

For £180 per month so that would be ~ € 130 but that includes setup
hosting and access to our clan configuration and monitoring system.

>So I think this is the best option, or do you think 100 GB is way to
>much to start with ?

100GB is pretty much standard and the high bandwidth games such
as BF1942 you can go over that if you not careful.

    Steve / K