How to get private slots working?

Nathan Stone nstone at myrealbox.com
Fri Jul 4 23:40:17 EDT 2003

Okay, I have tried this twice now. I am running a 20 slot server and would
like to reserve 8 of those for our clan members. I am adding the following
lines to my server.cfg file.

set sv_privatePassword "something"
seta sv_privateClients "8"

what happens next is people get on the server using just public slots, the
game begins and as soon as that round is finished the server dies, poof,
gone. With no indication in the log file as to the reason.

Some details:
Linux MOHAA server
Running Objective maps (stock maps)
If I remove the seta sv_privateClients "8" statement then things work as
they should and the server doesn't crash, but starts another round on that
map as it should.

Is there something else I should be doing in order to activate some private
slots on our server?

-Natzan
www.wolfclan.com