[mohaa] Compiling for P4

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Fri Jul 4 20:06:04 EDT 2003

> Ryan, I have a question. Will compiling MOHAA for P4 and above have a
> DRAMATIC improvement in performance ? How about Spearhead ? I am just
> talking about the linux's modules not the entire games binaries...
>
> What if the WHOLE game was compile for P4 and above....

Generally these don't give dramatic speed increases, but they _DO_
generate bug reports from people on incompatible CPUs.

Plus it's a pain to build and distribute multiple binary versions.

There is definitely something inefficient in the spearhead server as
opposed to the original MOHAA one...but this is a logic issue as opposed
to a CPU-specific bottleneck.

--ryan.