[mohaa] realism and higher CPU?

Warren Woodward warrenw at xmission.com
Wed Jan 22 16:12:08 EST 2003

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 04:00:21PM -0500, Salsich, Luke wrote:
> Do you guys run any TOW maps on TDM servers? I run Berlin on my TDM server
> as an TDM map. The CPU spikes 'seem' to correspond with this map in both TOW
> and TDM servers......but I cant be sure till I test it
> thoroughly......anybody else notice this or can confirm?
>
> Luke

Oh yeah, definately.  Even with MOHAA, the processor usage for OBJ maps
was double that of Team DM.  Same with Spearhead, particularly with TOW.
But I still see massive load in Team DM as well, though Spearhead is twice
the pig that MOHAA was -- which I didn't find too surprising, seeing as
the Win32 Spearhead client is also twice the beast of the original.