[mohaa] realism and higher CPU?

morphiend morphiend at fuse.net
Wed Jan 22 15:37:51 EST 2003

I know that users have been complaining about certain maps on my server
too having unusually high lag at times. Another item, as you noted in a
previous e-mail, Luke, is that there 'seems' to be a mem leak. I've
noticed that after the server has been up and either maxed out or close
to max, it works its way WAY up the memory usage. This mem usage stays
for quite a bit. The problem may be in that mem pool stuff was disabled
in this release because of problems during the alpha stage (if I
remember correctly from Ryan's e-mails). That may be the cause of the
problem on certain maps w/ realism too. It may be that the realism
portion is increasing the amount of mem create/delete operations.

Just an idea.

Mike