[mohaa] Server Issues - Question [MOHAAS]

[-SF-]Shockwave shockwave at clanshortfuse.com
Sat Jan 18 10:56:45 EST 2003

Hello Mike,

> Doesn't 0 for maxping mean that anyone can join??

As far as I know, you are correct.  If you're having problems getting
players to connect, the best thing would be to get some more information
about what is happening.  First, I would set the following for the server:

developer 2
logfile 3

This will create a log file called qconsole.log by default and it will
contain a whole lot of information regarding player connection attempts.
Under Linux, the default file location is under the home directory of the
user who started the server:

~/.mohaa/main/qconsole.log

Here's a sample of what you will get when players connect:

SVC_DirectConnect ()
>>>\challenge\190182220\qport\47720\protocol\8\rate\20000\dm_playermodel\ame
rican_ranger\dm_playergermanmodel\german_waffenss_shutze\name\Shockwave\snap
s\20<<<
version 8 connecting to 8
Client 0 connecting with 300 challenge ping
Shockwave is preparing for deployment
Shockwave : dropped gamestate, resending
SV_SendClientGameState() for Shockwave
Going from CS_PRIMED to CS_ACTIVE for Shockwave
Warning: cvar "g_maxplayerhealth" given initial values: "750" and "250"
Shockwave has entered the battle

If sv_maxPing was the problem, you'll get something like this:

SVC_DirectConnect ()
>>>\challenge\563548628\qport\52619\protocol\8\rate\20000\dm_playermodel\ame
rican_ranger\dm_playergermanmodel\german_waffenss_shutze\name\Shockwave\snap
s\20<<<
version 8 connecting to 8
Client 0 connecting with 3800 challenge ping
Client 0 rejected on a too high ping

Start logging the server output and see what you find.

Shockwave