MOHAA/Spearhead and security

Hellboy caretaker at hellahivemind.com
Thu Jan 16 17:15:40 EST 2003

Ryan,
Has anyone ever documented the security measures that go into the
MOHAA/Spearhead dedicated servers? Is this something that you guys test
against during development, or is that something that EA is charged with
doing during it's development? Not that I have not had any problems with
security breaches on my server (or even suspect any), it's more of a general
question to get a feel for how security is handled during development.
Perhaps as a community, we could put together a sort of "best practices"
guideline for running a server (i.e. not running as root, maybe using
libsafe to guard against common buffer overflow attacks, etc.). Does anyone
else think this would useful or worthwhile?

[^DD^]Hellboy
www.devil-dogs.net