More codesalat: ALPHA2.

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed Jan 1 21:29:10 EST 2003

Unpack this over your Spearhead installation to replace the Alpha1 bins:

http://icculus.org/betas/mohaa/spearhead_lnxded_2.11-ALPHA2.tar.bz2

The event queue memory corruption looks like
yet-another-broken-memory-pool-algorithm...I replaced it with straight
malloc() and free() calls, and valgrind didn't detect a single buffer
overrun...which means it was the memory pool manager itself causing
trouble.

Might be more problems (dunno if the memory pool is not used elsewhere, or
just the Event class caused problems...), but this cleaned up my
reproducable crashbug, and I could call a mapvote/change levels with my
one win32 client on the map.

So, in short, this might be much more stable, but we won't know for
certain until you guys pound on it. Have fun.

--ryan.