CPU oddity

DLinkOZ dlinkoz at oesm.org
Sun Feb 23 00:34:32 EST 2003

New to this list, so this may have been covered and I can't find an archive
for this list.

I start my server out on obj, and it runs along just fine.  Normally a full
16 or 18 player server chews through no more than 15-20% of my box's 2ghz
p4.  But I noticed tonight that with 15 players it was anywhere from 60% to
75%.  Upon further investigation, I found that the gametype had been
changed.  I restarted the server, just to be sure.  12 players, cpu usage
under 2%, all is good.  I see 13 players, and the gametype is again changed
to dm (letting a clan have rcon to hammer on it a bit, this is the kind of
thing I'd like to find up front) and it's now at 20% cpu.

Has anyone seen this before?  If so, is it an issue when changing gametypes
in mid-stream?