Linux mohaa & bots

ed.hanrahan at socl.com ed.hanrahan at socl.com
Fri Feb 21 04:11:22 EST 2003

Hi All

Got everything working ok on a mandrake box.Just a couple of quick questions
if I may.

This server will only be seen on an internal lan,can connect by direct ip
address from the client but doesn't show up during a lan search (no gamespy
involved)
There is some info about not seeing your own server on your own lan is this
correct?

Using a fairly common server.cfg and a 100mb network,client often shows
'slow server' mandrake is running PII 300,128Mb,10/100 card. and I am
directly attached to the hub the server goes into.I am thinking a bad nic as
100Mb should be enough to keep 'slow server' away,mohaa shows 'client 0
connecting with 100 challenge ping' sound right or wrong?

And finally I need to drum up a bit of interest in the deathmatch games
(only a couple of us here--well allowed to play anyway :) are there any bots
that can be implemented.
The config seems to hint that there could be but npc's never turn up.Do I
need to create some team configs to get things going ?

If anyone could shed any light on these points I would be most grateful.

Br

Ed

This E-Mail and any attachments maybe confidential and be the subject of
legal professional privilege.
Any disclosure , use, storage or copying of this E-Mail without the consent
of the sender is strictly prohibited.
Please notify the sender immediately if you are not the intended recipient
and then delete the E-Mail from
your inbox and do not disclose the contents to another person ,use, copy or
store the information in any medium.