[mohaa] Spearhead stability and system utilization question

Salsich, Luke LJS at protectorgroup.com
Thu Feb 20 15:27:20 EST 2003

Hey Anthony,

I have had two 24 player SH servers running for about a month. They are fast
and stable, but have some serious memory issues. They start at around 89-97
MB in size and grow to about 160MB in 24 hours (under a full load). If I let
them run for more than 2 days they start to get laggy. To avoid this I
restart the games every morning at 6am through crontab. No big deal......

SH is a serious CPU hog - using about 2-4 times the amount as an AA server
of the same size. It also chews up more memory right now as I explained, but
Ryan may be able to clean that up in the next release. Not sure. Bandwidth
usage is nearly identical to AA.

My 24 player TOW server uses anywhere from 50-80% of a PIV 2.0, while a 24
player OBJ AA server uses about 15-30%. Big difference. SH TDM servers use
slightly less, averaging around 45-70% of the same CPU.

Luke