[mohaa] Question about server

quint at kaleplek.net quint at kaleplek.net
Tue Feb 18 06:22:45 EST 2003

All,

Thanks for all the help... It helped me a lot...
And you where all right in all the thinks, but I found out what the
problem is
 It’s not at my end, my servers/firewalls are configured ok.

The thing was that I saw in my tcpdump a heartbeat going out to port 27900
(gamespy heartbeat port) but there was no reply of that package. I
investigated this strange thing, and thought it was my firewall but when I
put the gameserver in the internet directly it did the same
. After
downloading a UDP ping program (HPING2 for linux) I found out that my
provider is dropping this port
 So if you ever want to host a gameserver
don’t go to a dutch provider called wanadoo
.

The next step I did is a gave my notice to wanadoo and I’m going to a
provider that is not blocking this

My thanks to you all for all the ideas and all the help. And no thanks to
wanadoo for all the sleeping I came short
 :-(

In a month i will go to that new provider so see you in a mounth on
gamespy...;-)

Greetz