[mohaa] Spearhead server config

sami at kallio.com sami at kallio.com
Wed Aug 13 18:38:14 EDT 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 23:29:34 +0100, "Steven Hartland" wrote:

> Its most likely CPU spearhead uses 4* that of a mohaa server so if you haven't
> got plenty of spare CPU it will lag like a bitch.

A 233MHz PII running Mandrake 9.0 with all the other processes killed was able
to run around 4 people without lag on local network. A few more and it was
unplayable. That might give an idea what kind of server is needed.

I'm running a 1.1GHz VIA box now with Redhat 9. That should be enough for quite
a lot of people, the bottleneck will be the upload speed, 380kbits. Any idea of
how many players that is able to manage with playable lag?

- Sami