[mohaa] Ideas?

Ian Knight ian at 34sp.com
Mon Aug 4 04:40:46 EDT 2003

Eric thanks for replying back.:

> No info on your bandwidth so assuming that part is alright, I suggest
> to ditch the minrate 3000 line, it might solve your problem.
> If not, please leave more info... bandwidth, .cfg files, mohaa or
> spearhead, version etc etc etc. Hard to work with so little.

Since posting this i have joined a number of mohaa servers and the
majority of the servers i joined all experienced this "SLOW SERVER"
flash at the bottom center of the screen. I spoke to a few people ingame
and they all said that this was normal for this to happen. Should this
happen and if so is there no way to remove it from serverside?? I notice
you can remove it clientside by setting the variable cg_drawsvlag 0 as
mentioned in the 1.11 patch changes document but would much rather it
didnt show at all. I was under the impression that this appears if
the fps drops below sv_fps - even if sv_fps is set to 1 it still shows
this message so i cant see how this can be the case.

Further information

Game = Medal of Honour Allied Assault
Connection = 100Mbit onto Level3

Startup line:
./mohaa_lnxded +set fs_basepath ./ +set com_zoneMegs 256 +set
com_hunkMegs 56 +set vm_game 0 +set ttycon 0 +set dedicated 2 +exec
server.cfg

Config file is a simple objective based map rotation and created using
MOHAA runner from gamerunners.com

in reference to the minrate 3000 have since tried with min/maxRate set
to 0 which i beleive is uncapped.

The players dont seem to be bothered by this message so i wondering if
this is "normal" as lots of servers showed it regularly.

Thanks

imk