[mohaa] Auto responder??

Shockwave shockwave at clanshortfuse.com
Fri Apr 25 14:19:52 EDT 2003

Quint,

There are two helpful commands you can use to get info.  First, try this:

mohaa_admin --defaults

That will show you the default settings the program will use if not
overridden in the mohaa_admin.cfg file.  Next, you can try this:

mohaa_admin --help

This will show you command line options you can use when you start the
program.  The program attempts to find the game server log file by
interrogating the "fs_outputpath" and "logfilename" server variables.  If
either is specified in the PROGRAM setting in the mohaa_admin.cfg file, it
will override what the program default is.  In your example, it should be
looking for a file called  "/mohaa/log/qconsole.log".  The first thing I
would do is identify if the log file actually exists.  You should run the
server without the tool first and ensure a log file is generated each time
the server is started.  Once this is accomplished, then you can attempt to
use the tool.

Additionally, I should point out that I have never made the necessary
modifications to make it work with Spearhead.  Last time I checked, the
Spearhead server didn't record kill messages in the log file, so this will
thwart any TK detection.  Since I've never tested it with Spearhead, I don't
know how it will react.  What I can tell you is that it works rather well
with MOH:AA.  I have been running it on my server for a long time without
any problems.

If you're still having problems, perhaps you can email me directly.  That
way we won't drag everyone else into a debug session.  ;)

Shockwave