[mohaa] Server Requirements

Eduardo E. Silva esilva at silvex.com
Wed Apr 23 02:41:35 EDT 2003

Eric, ok you might be right. I am just trying to squeeze bandwidth as much
as possible.  One thing you are absolutely right about, bandwidth is the
bottleneck of server performance. Unless you have a 386 with 64 megs of
RAM...;)

Does Anybody knows what does rate means below ?
what are the units of this metric ? Bits ? Bytes ?

num score ping name            lastmsg address               qport rate
--- ----- ---- --------------- ------- --------------------- ----- -----
  1     0    3 Silvex                0 172.16.200.19:12203   58862 30000
  3     0   65 Redneckpunk          50 66.214.107.7:12203    49832 20000

I just found out what each rate stands for. I did it by going to the
multiplayer options and selecting each of the net connections one by one:

Rate    Connection Type
 2500   28.8K Modem
 3000   33.6K Modem
 4000   56K Modem