usual traffic setting

thomas at graffweg.de thomas at graffweg.de
Mon Sep 30 17:50:24 EDT 2002

Hi all...

maybe these are stupid questions, but as I am a real newbie to the
gameserver I have to ask them :)

I am running a 1Mbit SDSL Conn and my server uses an Athlon 1200 with
512MB RAM and Mandrake Linux 8.2
I set up the gameserver as described and it works well, but now I have to
set up the player and traffic limitation.

What min/max_rate  would you suggest and what do you think which amount of
players would it manage without problems?
Please share your experiences with me, I just don't want to set up a
public server without the proper settings ;)

BR

Thomas