[mohaa] wallhack/landsharking...?

Charles dna at home.martnet.com
Tue Sep 24 14:26:45 EDT 2002

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Richard Harrison wrote:

> How can you tell there cheating? just by visually following them?
>
> on a secondary note is there a setting or something you can run to see if
> people are using custom skins?

Hey All-

	I discovered all this from ghosting players whilst in spectator
mode.  I saw people complaining about cheaters through the game's chat,
and since I was only taking screenshots anyway, I started ghosting the
players people were complaining about.

	The players that were cheating didn't have an icon floating above
them, (ie no Iron Cross or Allied Symbol) and they were "under" the
map.  I'm sure most of you remember the old-school "no clip" cheats in the
early 3D games, and this is essentially what it was..  They were running
around underneath the map, and shooting people from below.  I would have
never noticed until I actually went into spectator mode and followed them.

Charles Rehill
Martnet Support

                                martnet.com
                              "Get Hooked Up"

Customer Care Center:  888.530.3552 (toll free)   215.551.3552 (in Philly)
                       sales at martnet.com          support at martnet.com
                       PO Box 42472  Philadelphia, PA 19101

             Domain transfer and registration for ONLY $15/year!
                  http://www.martnet.com/services/whois.php

                 Refer your friends to Martnet and get $$$$!
               http://www.martnet.com/services/referral.shtml