[mohaa] Power

Joe Love joe at getsomewhere.net
Fri Sep 20 11:05:51 EDT 2002

My last understanding of rate is that it is relative to the bandwidth
used, but not an exact translation.  In other words, a rate of 3000 isn't
3000bytes/sec of data.

There should be a correlation between the rate and the bandwidth used, but
I just don't believe it is that direct.

In addition, rate tells the server at what rate to send packets, not
always what rate the client sends packets.  Typically the rate the client
sends packets is based on the framerate of the client, usually one packet
per frame.  I'm not completely up to knowledge on the way the mohaa engine
handles all packet movement, but that's how it's been handled in the past,
and how it's likely handled in this engine.

-Lyfe